Buffet Crampon BCXXI Clarinet - Bb
- Instrument Type:
- Bb Clarinet
- 19 keys
- Grenadilla Wood
Louis-Auguste Buffet and Hyacinthe Klosé were the first great innovators in the history of the clarinet in the nineteenth century, adapting Boehm’s mobile rings and rethinking the sound concept with the groundwork of the first polycylindrical bore.
Robert Carrée, iconic figure of Buffet Crampon in the 20th century, in collaboration with Jacques Lancelot, perfected the fundamental acoustic techniques and refined the polycylindrical design concept of our bore families by creating the two legendary clarinets: the R13 and RC, released respectively in 1954 and 1975.
At the end of the 20th century, Buffet Crampon revolutionized the structure of base materials with Greenline.
Today, we start a revolution for the 21st century: a longer B-flat clarinet that pushes all boundaries. Eric Baret and our four testers, musicians Michel Arrignon, Nicolas Baldeyrou, Martin Fröst, and Paul Meyer, are proud to present the BCXXI.
- The lower joint of a B-flat clarinet extended by several centimetres in which a strategically placed resonance vent makes it possible to produce low E-flat with a full and vibrant sound. Overall, the entire chalumeau register is greatly improved thanks to its limited flare in favour of a longer cylinder.
- A shorter bell that no longer determines the accuracy of the fundamental notes E/B and F/C but serves as a resonator for the entire clarinet.
- A surprisingly stable and easy high register, thanks in part to the elongated bottom joint.
- A third fingering of Bb middle register that creates vibrations in the entire length of the instrument to produce a full and resonant sound. This new mechanism will also allow the musician to create new sequences without changing registers, or to revise certain fingerings used in the pieces of the repertoire.
- The balance of the left hand, especially G♯ /C♯, D/A, have been greatly improved.
- A slightly raised tone hole on D allowing a more ergonomic positioning of the left-hand fingers by keeping them on the same horizontal plane.
- Enjoy rediscovering the repertoire that includes a low Eb and composed in A to Bb.
- Finally, imagine a weight equivalent to a traditional clarinet thanks to its shorter bell and carbon fibre rings.
BCXXI : Two initials and a number, signifying the beginning of a new century and representing the architecture of a new acoustic paradigm.
|Body:||Natural Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia Melanoxylon)|
|Tones holes slots:||In Greenline on the upper joint|
|Barrels:||65 and 64mm|
|Keywork:||19 keys and 6 rings|
|Low Eb/Bb Key:||Included|
|Keywork:||Silver plated and gold plated, highly reliable|
|Pads:||Combination of GT pads (100% waterproofand breathable) and natural cork pads|
|Case:||Special BCXXI : compact, black|
|Accessories:||Rose gold Harmonie ligature with silverplated screws, Silver plated Buffet Crampon mouthpiece cap, Buffet Crampon pull-through|
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.